Maple-Almond Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Mix first five ingredients. Place squash in a 4-qt. slow cooker; toss with syrup mixture. Cook, covered, on low until squash is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in cream; cook, covered, on low until heated through, 15-30 minutes. Top with almonds and cheese.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 270 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2017
Definitely more than 5 star recipe! SOOOO delicious! I added a few dashes of cinnamon and a little basil to the squash as I threw it into the crockpot. I also toasted the sliced almonds in the oven until lightly browned. This is definitely a keeper! Smells so good too - I just kept sniffing it after I was stuffed full of it! :)
Jan 15, 2014
Five stars isn't really good enough for this recipe! It is absolutely fabulous. I made it for a group of about 16 men, and everyone was impressed. They all wanted copies of the recipe to take home to their wives. A frequent comment was "I don't like squash, but that is fabulous." I did add some fresh parmesan and sliced almonds to the squash just before I added the cream and a little more on top before serving. This might be too much cheese for some, but I love cheese. I think the recipe would be fine just as written too. Thank you for sharing a great recipe.