Maple-Almond Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Mix first five ingredients. Place squash in a 4-qt. slow cooker; toss with syrup mixture. Cook, covered, until squash is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in cream; cook, covered, on low until heated through, 15-30 minutes. Top with almonds and cheese.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 270 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 14, 2017
Definitely more than 5 star recipe! SOOOO delicious! I added a few dashes of cinnamon and a little basil to the squash as I threw it into the crockpot. I also toasted the sliced almonds in the oven until lightly browned. This is definitely a keeper! Smells so good too - I just kept sniffing it after I was stuffed full of it! :)
Jan 15, 2014
Five stars isn't really good enough for this recipe! It is absolutely fabulous. I made it for a group of about 16 men, and everyone was impressed. They all wanted copies of the recipe to take home to their wives. A frequent comment was "I don't like squash, but that is fabulous." I did add some fresh parmesan and sliced almonds to the squash just before I added the cream and a little more on top before serving. This might be too much cheese for some, but I love cheese. I think the recipe would be fine just as written too. Thank you for sharing a great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.