- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- Meanwhile, cut an “X” in the core of each Brussels sprout. In a large skillet, saute Brussels sprouts in butter for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the broth, pecans, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook and stir 8-10 minutes longer or until Brussels sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMaple & Bacon Glazed Brussels Sprouts
"I loved the sweetness of the maple syrup paired with the saltiness of the bacon"
"We just didn't like the maple syrup. It was overwhelming."
"I've made theses a different way and they were amazing , I cut the Brussels sprouts in half and roasted them at 400 until tender and slightly crispy. Sprinkled them with olive oil before roasting. And sprinkled with salt and pepper. Them after they were done I just drizzled them with regular maple syrup. We have had these sprinkled with crisp bacon and without bacon at all. Both ways are amazing!"
"This was good, but I was hoping for more of a glaze like it's made at one of our favorite restaurants. Next time I would cook in the broth then completely drain then saut? in the maple syrup until caramelized."
"I roasted my Brussels sprouts before finishing this dish in a skillet. The roasting gave the Brussels sprouts a milder taste and helped reduce the cooking time on the stove. I followed the rest of the recipe, and we all loved it."
"Even our son in law who does not like brussels sprouts liked this dish."
"I made these on Thanksgiving, so they were slightly over cooked trying to keep them warm. Bad timing on my part. But they were a huge hit!I prepared the sprouts the day before and stored them in a plastic bag covered in water with two caps of lemon juice.My only other comment: my liquid was very liquidy. I was expecting more of a glaze or a "gravy"."
"The best recipe for Brussels sprouts I have ever tasted, and everybody loves them!"