- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 8 ounces manicotti (14 tubes) manicotti, cooked and drained
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in parsley, mushrooms, egg, milk and bread crumbs; mix well.
- 2. Stuff filling into manicotti shells. Pour two cups of spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place shells on sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 365 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Manicotti
"completely disgusting - Velveeta - are you kidding me!"
"When I hear Manicotti, I think Ialialian...this is not even close. Velveeta cheese, CANNED mushrooms, etc. Served on a bed of lettuce?"