Mango Spiced Chicken
A blend of Caribbean flavors infuses this chicken dish from with a tropical tang, and the mango sauce is a cool complement to the paprika-laced coating.—Milafaye Bryning, Alexandria, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and halved
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, lemon juice and zest until blended. Set aside 1/4 cup. In a small bowl, gently combine the mango and remaining honey mixture; cover and refrigerate. In a blender or food processor, combine the oil, onion, jalapeno, paprika, garlic salt, cinnamon, allspice, pepper and reserved honey mixture; cover and process until onion and jalapeno are finely chopped.
- Place the chicken in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon half of the spice mixture over each piece turn over and top with remaining mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with mango mixture.