Mango Shrimp Pitas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, lime juice, ginger and curry. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning frequently.
- Fill pita halves with lettuce, tomato and shrimp; spoon reserved chutney mixture over filling.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 3, 2012
I substituted apricot preserves for the mango chutney.
Sep 28, 2011
Jul 18, 2011
Any recipe or substitution for Mango Chutney? I live in a small community.
Feb 24, 2010
So easy to make and delicious!!!