Mango Scalloped Corn
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe many years ago, and it's become a favorite of my family. I'm always asked to bring it to reunions and picnics.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1 cup diced fresh or jarred mango or 1 cup diced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 178 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Country Extra January 2003