Mango Scalloped Corn
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe many years ago, and it's become a favorite of my family. I'm always asked to bring it to reunions and picnics.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 20 crackers)
- 1 cup diced fresh or jarred mango or 1 cup diced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 178 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Country Extra January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.