Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3 medium ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1-1/2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 jar (6 ounces) mango or peach baby food
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup each diced green, sweet red and yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, tomatoes, baby food, chilies, peppers, lime juice, garlic, oil, cilantro, sugar, lime peel, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 55 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mango Salsa
"I modified this recipe a bit (a habit of mine) & it turned out awesome. I added a can of pineapple tidbits (big can), a big can of mild green, diced chiles and 2 green onions, diced. No babies here so I made my own mango baby food and used that, instead of store bought.I also used diced green, red, yellow and orange peppers (not quite 1/4 cup of each). It made a huge batch, so I gave some to my neighbors. It turned out very good. I sliced, and cooked, some sweet italian sausage links to serve with the salsa. Yummy! "
"We love this recipe in our home, and look forward to making it every summer. It is so refreshing. It is always a HIT at any get together."
"I make my mango salso without baby food, bell peppers, olive oil, sugar, or lime peel. I just use mango (and/or peach), tomato, jalepeno pepper, garlic (or powder), onion, cilantro, and fresh lime juice."