Mango Rice Pudding
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peeled mango, optional
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil; stir in rice. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 35-40 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, peel, seed and slice mango. Mash mango with a potato masher or fork.
- 3. Stir milk, sugar, cinnamon and mashed mango into rice. Cook, uncovered, on low 10-15 minutes longer or until liquid is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold, with chopped mango if desired.
1 cup (calculated without chopped mango): 275 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 11, 2018
This rice pudding was delicious! Total comfort food. I didn't have a problem with the rice like the previous reviewer. Kept the burner on super low.
Mar 31, 2018
Liked the idea, however, the rice burned with that small amount of water so I just regularly cooked the rice and then followed the same recipe after that.