- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple or canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small Anaheim peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 32 taco shells, warmed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place chicken in a 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and brown sugar. Top with mango mixture. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving mango mixture and 1/2 cup juices. Discard remaining juices. When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones.
Shred chicken with two forks. Return chicken and reserved mango mixture and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through. Serve in taco shells; sprinkle with cilantro.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMango-Pineapple Chicken Tacos
"Love the fresh flavors! Will make this recipe again!"
"Absolutely delicious and refreshing on a hot day. These flavors are great together! Love this recipe!"