Mango Jicama Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with jicama mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 199 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2011
Made this for a side for supper. Loved it! I'm not a fan of Mango, so I used Pineapple instead! Loved the Jicama, my first time trying it and was very pleasantly surprised, it was nice and sweet! Keeper for me!
Jul 17, 2010
Jicama is a root vegetable, very commonly used in Southwest meals. It's slightly sweet, crunchy, and has the texture of a white radish. My mother used to slice a peeled jicama 1/4 inch thick, and then season with soy sauce and lemon juice. (We'd combine about 2/3 soy sauce with 1/3 lemon, and soak the jicama in it...and it was SO delicious! Forget it, if you are sodium conscious :) )
Apr 4, 2010
Excellent! Very refreshing salad!
May 18, 2009
Sorry to ask, but I have never heard of a fruit/vege called 'jicama'. Please explain. Shirley