Mango Fudge Refrigerator Ribbon Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried mango
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Mix melted chocolate into one half; stir in miniature chips. Mix mango, pistachios and orange zest into remaining half of dough.
- Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting ends extend over sides. Press half of the chocolate dough onto bottom of pan; top with half of the mango dough. Repeat layers.
- Lifting with plastic, remove dough from pan; fold plastic over dough to wrap completely. Refrigerate dough in pan until firm, 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in.-thick slices; cut each slice crosswise into thirds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 104 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 28, 2020
Absolutely love this recipe, so tasty!
Dec 7, 2019
Very simple recipe and turned out great just like the picture! Next time I will melt more chocolate because 1/3 c. isn’t enough and will use regular semi sweet chips (minis are hard to find in small towns). The orange zest stands out, the mango and pastachio flavors didn’t come out so strong. This recipe is a keeper.