Mango Colada Scones
The mango adds a great tropical flavor to scones. I love to serve these for tea or for breakfast.—Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pina colada mix just until moistened. Fold in mango.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 9-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into 10 rectangles; separate rectangles and place on a greased baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; brush over scones.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mango Colada Scones in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008