VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pina colada mix just until moistened. Fold in mango.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 9-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut into 10 rectangles; separate rectangles and place on a greased baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; brush over scones.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 scones.
Originally published as Mango Colada Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p176
Reviews forMango Colada Scones
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
"Made these for our high school senior breakfast with orange curd. The grads, parents and staff loved them!"