Mango-Chutney Baby Carrots
“We pull baby carrots from our backyard garden, wash them and cook them right away. This is one of my family's favorite recipes, and appears often at holiday dinners.” Patricia Nieh - Portola Valley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the orange juice, chutney, butter, ginger, garlic and curry. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Drain carrots; add to orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 131 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Curried Baby Carrots with Mango Chutney in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.