Come summer, Carolyn Black of Richmond, British Columbia likes to pack this refreshing salad for a picnic lunch. She notes, "Each of the ingredients can be stored in a separate container in a cooler and assembled at the picnic. It's always a hit."
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), grilled and thinly sliced
- MANGO SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 large ripe mangoes or 4 medium peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- Divide lettuce and salad greens among six plates. Top with the tomatoes, cucumber and chicken.
- In a blender, combine the mangos, lime juice, salt and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Serve with salad. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mango Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p46
Reviews forMango Chicken Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2010
"I made it with peaches, and it was just okay. Won't be making it again."