Mango Banana Smoothies
Toasted wheat germ is a healthy bonus in this tropical treasure from Verna Puntigan from Spartanburg, South Carolina. The chilly orange and mango flavors really hit the spot!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 271 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Mango, Orange, Banana Smoothie in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.