Toasted wheat germ is a healthy bonus in this tropical treasure from Verna Puntigan from Spartanburg, South Carolina. The chilly orange and mango flavors really hit the spot!
Recommended: 35 Recipes that Use Up Ripe Bananas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mango Banana Smoothies in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p17