Mandarin Sherbet Dessert
This tangy sundae is a cool, refreshing end to a festive feast or simple supper.—Nila Moran, Sunnyvale, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange
- 3/4 cup sherbet flavor of your choice
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Maraschino cherry, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 teaspoons juice; set four oranges aside (refrigerate remaining juice and oranges for another use). Pour 1 teaspoon of juice into a small bowl; top with sherbet and reserved oranges. Drizzle with remaining juice and sprinkle with almonds. Top with a cherry if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 378 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Mandarin Sherbet Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 2000