Mandarin Pork Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1/2 pound)
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup canned sliced beets, julienned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, oranges, onion, cheese, beets, cilantro and jalapeno. Transfer to a serving platter. Whisk the vinegar, oil and salt. Thinly slice pork; arrange over salad. Drizzle with dressing.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 346 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 28, 2015
Made as stated, served with some crusty bread and was a great meal.
Feb 5, 2013
I make this recipe every month.It's the Only recipe everyone from any ethnic background in my family entirely loves. A real peacemaker recipe.(even the one's who don't normally eat pork!)
Feb 4, 2013
Have done something very similar and it was 'Killer Eats.'
Feb 4, 2013
This recipe hit home it was light and filling and the taste was out of this world