Mandarin Pork and Wild Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside.
- Add the water, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, onions and reserved juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and liquid is absorbed. Stir in oranges; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 417 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Feb 18, 2012
one of my favorites :o)
Oct 10, 2010
I would never in a million years have thought up this recipe, but the combination of flavors is wonderful! This one is definitely in my recipe rotation.
Oct 1, 2009
I bought the recipe book at the grocery store a while back and made this recipe for my family. (I doubled it) They LOVED it! Somehow I lost the book, so I was so happy to see that it was on the Taste of Home website.