Mandarin Pork and Wild Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside.
- Add the water, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, onions and reserved juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and liquid is absorbed. Stir in oranges; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 417 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2012
one of my favorites :o)
Oct 10, 2010
I would never in a million years have thought up this recipe, but the combination of flavors is wonderful! This one is definitely in my recipe rotation.
Oct 1, 2009
I bought the recipe book at the grocery store a while back and made this recipe for my family. (I doubled it) They LOVED it! Somehow I lost the book, so I was so happy to see that it was on the Taste of Home website.