Mandarin Orange Fruit Dip
"I created this creamy dip to serve to guests at my daughter's first birthday party," relates Nancy LeBano of Stratford, New Jersey. "It's deliciously different and was a hit with kids and adults. I sometimes layer it with fruit in parfait glasses for a change of pace."
Total TimePrep: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in yogurt and vanilla until smooth.
- Set aside tree orange segments for garnish. In a small bowl, mash remaining oranges with a fork; drain. Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; garnish with reserved oranges. Refrigerate until serving; serve with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Originally published as Mandarin Orange Fruit Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.