- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss lightly to coat. Yield: 10 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forMandarin Orange & Romaine Salad
"Made this for a Christmas event I catered. So pretty and tasty. I also made some sugared almond slivers to go on top. I'm going to serve it again for a party I'm hosting this week."
"I took this salad to a ladies luncheon last Friday, and it got rave reviews. Everyone wanted the recipe. It's simple but light and tasty. I would definitely make it again."
"This is a simple salad with a refreshing dressing. I used white wine vinegar and added 1 tsp. of dried tarragon instead of the tarragon vinegar. I'll try it with toasted almond slices and a sprinkling of feta or bleu cheese next time."