- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour,salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in butter until no longer pink. In a small saucepan, combine the oranges, marmalade and tarragon; bring to a boil. Pour over chicken; stir gently to coat. Serve warm with toothpicks. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forMandarin Chicken Bites
"Although we have a few old favorites that we look forward to each year, I went looking for a new appetizer to serve at my family's Christmas Eve get-together. Since we always attend church on the evening of Christmas Eve, I need items that I can either prepare ahead of time that need just a little warm-up, or that can go together quickly, so that there is little to do when we return home. This recipe fit perfectly - it was quick, easy, and absolutely delicious. I tossed the chicken pieces with the flour mixture and stored them in the fridge before we left, then browned them and mixed up the sauce later. We served it with Asian toasted sesame sauce on the side for dipping. I did use a reduced-sugar marmalade, as I don't like things that are overly sweet - just my preference."