Mandarin Beef Skillet
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain the oranges, reserving syrup. Add syrup to the meat mixture; set oranges aside. Stir in 1 cup of water, soy sauce and ginger. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the celery, pepper, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Garnish with the oranges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Apr 2, 2015
Was very good but needed something. A little bland.
Jan 3, 2011
Sounds and looks a little strange at first but DH and I loved it! Easy and fast to make.
Feb 25, 2010
this is awesum!!!!! even my picky grandaughter loved it. will be making this again and again. thanks for sharing.