Mandarin Beef Skillet
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain the oranges, reserving syrup. Add syrup to the meat mixture; set oranges aside. Stir in 1 cup of water, soy sauce and ginger. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the celery, pepper, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Garnish with the oranges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Apr 2, 2015
Was very good but needed something. A little bland.
Jan 3, 2011
Sounds and looks a little strange at first but DH and I loved it! Easy and fast to make.
Feb 25, 2010
this is awesum!!!!! even my picky grandaughter loved it. will be making this again and again. thanks for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.