Mama’s Spaghetti Pie
This savory pie for two has an uncomplicated pasta crust and a satisfying Italian filling. It freezes well before baking. —Kathleen Williams, Leesburg, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the pasta, egg and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate or shallow 2-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sour cream and Italian seasoning. Spoon into crust.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 511 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 1139mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Mama's Spaghetti Pie in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.