- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian turkey meatballs, thawed
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- Warm marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place meatballs in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- Spread about 1/4 cup meatball mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down; spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMama Mia Meatball Taquitos
"This is NOT bland. If you use plain ground turkey (which would be changing the recipe), then yes, it will be bland. But frozen Italian meatballs have lots of seasonings and flavor. Ground turkey is plain with no seasonings.These were extremely easy and yummy. I only had 3 tortillas (1/4 of the required amt), but I only cut the meatball mixture into a third. I found that just one of the taquitos that size was more than enough for me. Make sure you spritz the ends of the tortillas, as I didn't and the ends turned VERY brown. I found I only needed about 12 minutes in the oven. I only had pizza sauce for dipping but it worked very well. I also used part-skim ricotta and still tasted great! This is a simple recipe that you can easily tweak to suit your needs. I think next time I'll add in some green peppers or onion to spruce it up a bit. Maybe even some sliced ripe olives. I made these for a quick weeknight dinner with a side salad. Can't wait to make them again!"
"Bland, bland and more bland. By the way, you do not need to use frozen processed meatballs. Just use ground turkey and stuff into the tortilla rolls. Needs a lot more seasoning."
"You weren't kidding when you said these were easy and take less than 30 min! Plus the kids love them! Bravo!"