Mama Arnold’s Honey Pie
This sweet, custardy pie could not be simpler to make, but will have your guests asking for more. The boiled honey gives it a caramel-like flavor that's divine. —Ruth Arnold, Pearsall, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup honey
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- In a large saucepan, bring honey to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot honey into the eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; gently stir in the butter, vanilla, pecans and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until filling is set.