Malted Milk Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
Makes2 pies (8 servings each)
- 1 package (7 ounces) malted milk balls, chopped
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup malted milk balls for topping. Place ice cream in a large bowl; fold in whipped topping and remaining malted milk balls. Spoon into crusts. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping; top with reserved malted milk balls.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 234 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 8, 2010
I added more malted milk powder, a 1/2 cup altogether, a package of sweetener and splash of vanilla to the whipped cream. The marshmallow fluff didn't blend in well so I'll have to try something else. Next time I may add crushed milk balls to the whipped cream topping. I also added a few more crushed milk balls to the ice cream. I used vanilla and chocolate chip. All in all a good recipe but taste as you go.