Mallow Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Cut potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in the pineapple, 1/4 cup cranberries, orange juice and salt.
- 3. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 4. Uncover; sprinkle with marshmallows, pecans and remaining cranberries. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or just until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 179 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mallow Sweet Potato Bake
"Wanted to try a new sweet potato dish. My family really liked this besides the pineapple. We aren't pineapple fans so that could be part of it. Next time I will leave them out. These is super pretty with the cranberries."
"I personally dislike sweet potatoes (gross!), but I made it at Thanksgiving and all the other people said that it's really good."
"THIS WAS WONDERFUL BUT I DID ADD A FEW MORE CRANBERRYS, THE BURST OF FLAVOR WHEN YOU TOOK A BITE WAS GREAT."
"This recipe is really delicious! I omitted the pineapple juice and just used the crushed pineapple, and I thought it was the perfect balance. You could taste the flavor of the potatoes, orange juice, and pineapple, without any of them being too overpowering. I will definitely use this recipe again."
"I am diabetic and this recipe was perfect for me. Mildly sweet without a ton of sugar! Love that the ingredients are simple and fresh!"
"looks & sounds really good"