Mallow Sweet Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake 45-55 minutes or until tender. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- Cut potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in the pineapple, 1/4 cup cranberries, orange juice and salt.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with marshmallows, pecans and remaining cranberries. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or just until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 179 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2015
Wanted to try a new sweet potato dish. My family really liked this besides the pineapple. We aren't pineapple fans so that could be part of it. Next time I will leave them out. These is super pretty with the cranberries.
Jan 13, 2015
I personally dislike sweet potatoes (gross!), but I made it at Thanksgiving and all the other people said that it's really good.
Dec 4, 2014
THIS WAS WONDERFUL BUT I DID ADD A FEW MORE CRANBERRYS, THE BURST OF FLAVOR WHEN YOU TOOK A BITE WAS GREAT.
Nov 28, 2014
This recipe is really delicious! I omitted the pineapple juice and just used the crushed pineapple, and I thought it was the perfect balance. You could taste the flavor of the potatoes, orange juice, and pineapple, without any of them being too overpowering. I will definitely use this recipe again.
Dec 31, 2012
this looked festive on the christmas dinner table. taste was good, similar to various other sweet potato bake recipes on this website. i added thin pretzels to the top.
Dec 28, 2012
I am diabetic and this recipe was perfect for me. Mildly sweet without a ton of sugar! Love that the ingredients are simple and fresh!
Nov 19, 2008
looks & sounds really good