VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, eggs and reserved juice; mix well. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the heat. Pour into a bowl; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled egg mixture. Add marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Just before serving, fold in bananas and nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mallow Pineapple Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p40