Mallow-Pecan Acorn Squash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place squash cut side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and nutmeg. Spoon into squash. Brush edges of squash with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2019
We fixed this for Easter-all of us loved it!
Feb 9, 2014
Insanely freaking good. I at an entire squash by myself yesterday, and now I'm searching for more marshmallows so I can make more today!
Sep 2, 2013
I'm cooking this right now for the second time. LOVE IT! I could eat it everyday, and I'm not big on veggies.
Dec 5, 2010
I have never been a big fan of squash.....until now! My husband loves it, and asked me to make some. So I ran across this recipe, and thought I would give it a try. It is AMAZING!!! I love it, and actually crave it! Husband said it is the best he has ever had. It is easy, and delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe!