Mallow-Pecan Acorn Squash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place squash cut side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and nutmeg. Spoon into squash. Brush edges of squash with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 22, 2019
We fixed this for Easter-all of us loved it!
Feb 9, 2014
Insanely freaking good. I at an entire squash by myself yesterday, and now I'm searching for more marshmallows so I can make more today!
Sep 2, 2013
I'm cooking this right now for the second time. LOVE IT! I could eat it everyday, and I'm not big on veggies.
Dec 5, 2010
I have never been a big fan of squash.....until now! My husband loves it, and asked me to make some. So I ran across this recipe, and thought I would give it a try. It is AMAZING!!! I love it, and actually crave it! Husband said it is the best he has ever had. It is easy, and delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe!