Mallow Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups cold buttermilk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (30 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Fold in the fruit cocktail, oranges, marshmallows and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 227 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 30, 2014
A very "retro "recipe...like something that came out of the '70's. It tasted pretty good the first evening after I made it, but got a little watery by the next day. It was sweeter than I like, and there was more pudding/whipped topping than there was fruit. Not a terrible recipe, but I won't be making it again.
Mar 9, 2014
I don't like fruit cocktail, I added drained pineapple tidbits instead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.