Makeover Zucchini Apple Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes3 loaves (12 slices each)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup grated peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the oil, applesauce, sugars and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, apples and pecans.
- Transfer to three 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 160 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 30, 2015
Baked yesterday and thought it was ok......waited to taste again today and oh my, so moist and full of flavor. That's the secret, let it sit one day before eating. Made 3 loaves and theyweren't flat at all as someone else mentioned. Will certainly make again.
Aug 7, 2013
Best bread ever. It is very noisy and not too sweet. This is a keeper.
Jan 12, 2013
jcackler, did you use the correct size pan? Maybe that's why yours turned out a little flat.
Dec 12, 2012
My bread turned out really tasty. I like it's nice, light taste and like having a zucchini bread recipe that doesn't have chocolate in it. I agree with the other review in that it didn't rise a whole lot, but my loaves were still more bread like than bar like, so it wasn't a big deal. Will be making again.
Dec 20, 2010
Mine came out very flat -- so I ended up cutting and serving them as bars instead of bread. Still filling and tasty though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.