- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut and pecans. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place frosting in a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Yummy Cake
"i gaged... thanks alot for another awesome recipe! NOT"