Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 321 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
May 17, 2014
Light fluffy and perfect every time. I mix the dry ingredients together and put into baggies, assembly line style, so I always have it on hand to whip up on the weekends.
Jul 31, 2011
I also added the whole egg at once and subbed 1/2 cup of Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt for the 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce. They turned out wonderful.
Mar 27, 2011
Fantastic waffle recipe! They turned light and fluffy. The taste was also very good. This is my new favorite regular waffle recipe.
Aug 28, 2010
Very good. I added the whole egg when mixing the wet ingredients (didn't bother to beat the white separately), and it turned out fine.