- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, egg white, buttermilk, milk, applesauce, butter, honey and butter flavoring if desired; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Ultimate Corn Bread
"This is my go to cornbread recipe. Not only is it healthier, it is very delicious. I love the tiny bit of sweet flavor with the honey. This cornbread has also turned out well every time I have made it, have never had any problems. Love it!!!!!!"