Makeover Twice-Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 pound turkey bacon (about 9 slices), diced and cooked
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Bake the potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon into the potato shells.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 298 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2012
Thanksgiving guests approved! Excellent dish.
Jul 6, 2012
Very tasty. I bake the potatoes ahead of time (or make extra when baking others) and put them in the refrigerator until ready to use. They are easier to handle that way. Leftovers store well in the refrigerator and could probably be frozen if you wanted to do that.