- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a blender, combine the egg whites, eggs and spinach; cover and process until smooth. add the half-and-half, butter, flour, salt and pepper; process until blended.
- Coat a 1-qt. straight-sided baking dish with cooking spray. Dust bottom and sides with Parmesan cheese. Transfer spinach mixture to dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Spinach Casserole
"not much flavor and I like spinach. I fixed this just like the recipe but needs something to add some flavor"
"I have made an error on the rating as I thought 1 (one) was best. It looks like we didn't like this but we did. Some of the family thought it needed more salt. I thought it needed punching up. I had add a dash of Tabasco and nutmeg but next time will add more and also some onion. Be sure not to over-bake it. It will go from almost baked to over-baked easily."