Makeover Spinach Artichoke Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) soft tofu, drained
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 109 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 13, 2013
This recipe inspired me to try another version, going for a creamier, more dip-like quality. Substitute the mayo for low-fat or fat-free cream cheese and fresh spinach. A quick pulse in the blender (with a pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper) mixes the ingredients beautifully.
May 24, 2011
Apr 4, 2010
Doesn't compare to the original version of this recipe. Served it for a appetizer & didn't even get half-finished. Sad loss of artichokes :(
Jul 16, 2009
This was FANTASTIC!! My daughter's friend is a hostess at a very upscale restaurant and they serve the "fat" version. She tried and loved it. She practically licked the bowl clean, and she actually thought it was every bit as good as the "fat" one. I will definitely be making this again and again. Thanks!