- 5 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute the celery, red peppers and onions in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- Add spinach, artichokes, salt, cayenne, pepper and pepper flakes. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Spinach and Artichoke Casserole
"Since I like items of spinach and vegatarian items more than others so am commenting.?"
"I used half the spinach and twice the artichokes. The next day we ate leftovers spread on crackers."
"Made it for Thanksgiving and none of us liked it."
"Loved it. It was very good. I sent it to work with my husband and one of his coworkers ended up taking it from him!"