Makeover Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chili powder, garlic salt and cumin. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large saucepan, whisk flour and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese until melted.
- 3. Pour sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until bubbly, 15-20 minutes. Top with tomatoes if desired.
1 enchilada (calculated without tomatoes): 338 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 23, 2018Especially I like this kind of recipe, your step by step explanation provides a good overview of his recipe. To follow your steps I made it two times and enjoy with my parents, they also loved it .in this dish chicken with cream provide an amazing taste. Thanks!
Feb 8, 2015
Our favorite enchilada recipe by far.
May 26, 2014
One of my favorite dishes ----
Jul 15, 2013
My family voted to replace our usual enchilada recipe with this one. Even pickiest eater finished her dinner! I used the mission low-carb/high fiber tortillas with success.
May 6, 2013
Yumm!! Simple and delicious. This recipe is a keeper!
Jan 6, 2013
So yummy! Even my ultra picky kids ate it!!
Aug 6, 2012
I used 3 cups of chicken and added one can of black beans. The sauce has really good flavor. Easy and tasty. I will make again.
Aug 1, 2012
very tasty, could use a bit more spice.
Jul 4, 2012
The whole family loved it!
May 30, 2012
The sauce is especially yummy!