Makeover Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chili powder, garlic salt and cumin. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese until melted.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Top with tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada (calculated without tomatoes): 338 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2018
Especially I like this kind of recipe, your step by step explanation provides a good overview of his recipe. To follow your steps I made it two times and enjoy with my parents, they also loved it .in this dish chicken with cream provide an amazing taste. Thanks <a href="https://www.eworldcooking.com/2018/10/sour-cream-chicken-enchiladas.html">Sour cream Chicken Enchiladas</a>
Feb 8, 2015
Our favorite enchilada recipe by far.
May 26, 2014
One of my favorite dishes ----
Jul 15, 2013
My family voted to replace our usual enchilada recipe with this one. Even pickiest eater finished her dinner! I used the mission low-carb/high fiber tortillas with success.
May 6, 2013
Yumm!! Simple and delicious. This recipe is a keeper!
Jan 19, 2013
So yummy! Even my ultra picky kids ate it!!
Aug 6, 2012
I used 3 cups of chicken and added one can of black beans. The sauce has really good flavor. Easy and tasty. I will make again.
Aug 1, 2012
very tasty, could use a bit more spice.
Jul 4, 2012
The whole family loved it!
May 30, 2012
The sauce is especially yummy!