Makeover Silverglade Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes15 servings (1 cup each)
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat Swiss cheese, julienned
- 2 cups shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted soy nuts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, grapes and cheeses. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and mustard; shake well.
- Add onions to the dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with soy nuts and bacon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 225 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 18, 2012
A deliciously lighter version of the original Silverglade Salad. This was a hit at our church potluck dinner today...no leftovers! I did use honey roasted peanuts, because the soy nuts weren't available. But the lighter Dijon vinaigrette dressing was more to my taste than that of the original recipe. I felt that the amount of cheese could even be reduced further, and the lesser amount of bacon was ample for flavor and crunch. Delicious!