Makeover Rocky Road Fudge Brownies
This makeover recipe still remain sweetly satisfying, but have about 40% fewer calories and less than half the fat and saturated fat of the original.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package reduced-fat fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in pecans. Spread batter into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, milk, butter, cocoa and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over marshmallows.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Makeover Rocky Road Fudge Brownies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.