Makeover Rocky Road Fudge Brownies
This makeover recipe still remain sweetly satisfying, but have about 40% fewer calories and less than half the fat and saturated fat of the original.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package reduced-fat fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in pecans. Spread batter into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, milk, butter, cocoa and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over marshmallows.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Makeover Rocky Road Fudge Brownies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003