Makeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Fill a 6-qt. stockpot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Return water to a boil; cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Drain rigatoni; return to pan. Stir in asparagus, bacon, parsley, salt, pepper and cream sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus
"Loved it. Will use a little less pasta next time."
"Whole family loved it after it was tweaked a little. It isn't very saucy when finished so I added more half and half the second time I made it. I think when I make this again, I will either double the sauce or increase it by one half. It can also be made with ham instead of the bacon."
"One of our family favorites. We use gluten free noodles."
"doesn't reheat well though, but it is delicious"
"Really good!! I used more cheese and garlic, really great, I make this as a side or lunch"
"Really good. I didn't have asparagus on hand, so I used broccoli. My hubby thought it was a bit salty because of the bacon, so I think that the salt ingredient could be omitted."
"Clean plates all around! This was super fast, easy and cheap. I didn't have bacon on hand, so I subbed canadian bacon and it was great, plus lower in fat. I will definitely make this again. Next time I may add walnuts or sun dried tomatoes."
"I added Broccoli and Sundried tomatoes to this and it did not last long. Will absolutely make this again and again."
"I made this for my family at home then took it over to my mom's house then my grandmother's house. They all love it and keep asking when I'll make it again. It's a super easy recipe and only really used one pot. I LOVE this dish!"