Makeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In the same pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. Saute garlic in butter and oil until tender. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Drain pasta; add to pan. Stir in the salt, asparagus, parsley and reserved bacon. Sprinkle with pepper and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus
"Loved it. Will use a little less pasta next time."
"Whole family loved it after it was tweaked a little. It isn't very saucy when finished so I added more half and half the second time I made it. I think when I make this again, I will either double the sauce or increase it by one half. It can also be made with ham instead of the bacon."
"One of our family favorites. We use gluten free noodles."
"doesn't reheat well though, but it is delicious"
"Really good!! I used more cheese and garlic, really great, I make this as a side or lunch"
"Really good. I didn't have asparagus on hand, so I used broccoli. My hubby thought it was a bit salty because of the bacon, so I think that the salt ingredient could be omitted."
"Clean plates all around! This was super fast, easy and cheap. I didn't have bacon on hand, so I subbed canadian bacon and it was great, plus lower in fat. I will definitely make this again. Next time I may add walnuts or sun dried tomatoes."
"I added Broccoli and Sundried tomatoes to this and it did not last long. Will absolutely make this again and again."
"I made this for my family at home then took it over to my mom's house then my grandmother's house. They all love it and keep asking when I'll make it again. It's a super easy recipe and only really used one pot. I LOVE this dish!"