To trim the original recipe, our crew used reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs, less butter in the crust, reduced-fat cream cheese and fat-free milk in the filling.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 7 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/4 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Arrange pear slices over crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg and egg substitute; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the milk, lemon juice and peel. Pour over pears.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Pear Cheesecake in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p14
Reviews forMakeover Pear Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2011
"This is the best cheesecake I have ever made"