Makeover Peanut Butter Fudge
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar blend
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar blend, milk, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar blend is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 7 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 224°, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda sugar blend.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 43 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 8, 2013
Kitzer, next time you answer people respectfully. Didn't learn your manners??
Dec 27, 2012
supatina -- Learn to read!!The recipe states --The pan size is 9" square --Cut in 1" squares --9 times 9 = 81!!Didn't learn your '9's'??
Dec 21, 2011
Question/ this makes 81 servings what size are the pieces? made in an 8? pan. the picture shows large pieces.mbck4w
Nov 20, 2011
Great. Super Easy. Uses much less butter and sugar than other recipes. I also sub in chocolate chips and omit the peanut butter and chips for some batches.
Nov 22, 2010
Fabulous! I now make this every year, and my family loves it. They don't know it uses sugar blend; they can't get enough of it.
May 31, 2010
Can't tell it is healthier. I make it every Christmas and my family loves it.
Dec 6, 2009
I and my brother-in-law are diabetic and I made this candy for a Christmas gathering this weekend. It was a hit. Taste about like bit o'honey candy bar. Definitely will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.