Makeover Patrician Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash with butter. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salt until light and fluffy; add to potatoes. Stir in chives.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 207 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 6, 2014
Everyone who tries them love it!!! Always a big hit!
Jun 20, 2011
The whole family loved these! I used left over mashed potato's from the night before....easy and delicious!
Dec 2, 2009
These are by and far my favorite potatoes ever! I made them with fat free sour cream rather than reduced fat and they were still perfect! Delicious recipe that everyone is requesting and SO easy to make ahead!!
Nov 16, 2009
These potatoes are excellent. I used potatoes from my garden. I didn't have chives which would have made them better. The only other changes were 1/3 less fat cream cheese and fat free sour cream instead. I have had mashed potatoes with mayonnaise & they are great but more fat.
Nov 3, 2008
These potaoes are excellent! For just the two of us, I cut the recipe in half and bake in a 8x8 baking dish.