Makeover Overnight French Toast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Place bread slices in two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes; pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Coat two 15x10x1-in. baking pans with butter-flavored cooking spray. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Carefully turn slices over. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- Meanwhile, combine berries and sugar. Serve with French toast.
Nutrition Facts2 slices French toast with 1/3 cup sauce: 294 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2012
Tried this recipe and it was AWESOME!!!!!! The smell of the vanilla as it was cooking was amazing. Will definitely make some more! Actually did a double batch and froze them to have in the morning when time is short! Freeze well too! Definitely worth a try!
Apr 28, 2011
Easy recipe. Made it for a family brunch, everybody loved it. Copied the recipe for 3 family members
Apr 16, 2011
This turned out great - will definitely make again. The bread puffed up nicely and browned in the oven. I used a baking sheet instead of a pan (with nonstick spray), and it worked fine. Since we love vanilla, I think I'd increase the amount used just a bit next time. It's a keeper!